The Theatre School > Admission > Auditions & Interviews
Audition and interview dates are not yet available for those interested in applying for fall 2022 entrance. Please check back later this summer.
Interviews are required for all BFA programs other than BFA Acting.
Interviews typically take place between mid-October and early February and specific dates and times are determined by faculty schedules. Applicants must log into
the interview registration page to see a list of available dates and times for their major.
1. Submit your application to DePaul University. Within about 24 hours, you will receive access to the Blue Demon Domain.
2. Upload your major-specific materials and the interview fee to the Blue Demon Domain. You cannot register for an interview if these items are missing. (Stage Management applicants have additional requirements and must pass a prescreen.) For more information about your program's major-specific requirements, please visit our undergraduate admissions page.
3. Log in to our interview registration page and select a date/time for your interview.
The audition process for the BFA Acting program is done in two steps: a video prescreen and a callback. Prescreens are due by December 1 and cannot be submitted until your online application has been received (either the Common Application or DePaul Transfer Application); online applications take about 24 hours to reach us so please plan accordingly. Students must pass the prescreen in order to access to the callback registration page. Callback auditions typically occur on Saturdays in December, January, and early February and have both individual and group components.
1. Submit an online application (either the Common Application or DePaul's Transfer Application) to DePaul University, indicating that your intended major is BFA Acting. This is due by December 1; it typically takes 24 hours for your application to reach us and for you to gain access to The Blue Demon Domain. Please plan accordingly.
2. Upload your audition fee, photograph, and prescreen video to the Blue Demon Domain. These items are due December 1.
3. It takes up to two weeks for us to review your prescreen materials and notify you by email of your callback decision. If you have passed the prescreen, your email will contain the link to the callback registration page. Select whichever date/time works best for you and we'll see you at your callback!
For more detailed information about the prescreen and callback, including what to prepare and what to expect, please click here.
Prescreens are due December 1. Upon passing the prescreen, you will be provided with a link to the MFA callback registration page and asked to register for a callback audition. Callbacks typically take place on select Saturdays in late January and early February. For more information about what your prescreen must include and what to expect at the callback audition, please visit
our MFA Acting audition page.
Arts Leadership applicants must submit all application materials by December 15. Decisions about finalist interviews are communicated by email and the finalist interviews typically take place in March. For more information about the application process,
Directing applicants must submit all application materials by December 15. Decisions about finalist interviews are communicated by email and the finalist interviews typically take place in mid-February. For more information about the application process,
1. Submit your online application to DePaul University, indicating which Theatre School major you are applying to.
2. Once we recieve your application, you can log into the Blue Demon Domain. Upload your major-specific materials (resume, writing sample, portfolio, etc.) These materials are required before you may register for your interview. If you are applying to Stage Management, you will need to submit all application materials and pass a prescreen prior to registering for an interview.
3. Visit The Theatre School's interview registration page to select a date/time to interview. Upon registration, a confirmation email will be sent to the student. The link to the registration page can also be found in your email, once you have applied!