As a prospective student coming from outside of the United States, there are additional materials (listed below) that you will need to submit as part of your application to The Theatre School. Be sure to also visit our Conservatory page, click on your intended program, and read the "how to apply" page for a full list of admissions requirements.
For Undergraduate Applicants
Transcript Translations (if applicable)
Submit official transcripts, in the original language, from all secondary schools (high schools) attended, for all years attended. If the official transcript is in a language other than English, you will also need to submit word-for-word English translations of all pages.
Proof of English Language Proficiency
All international students must submit proof of English proficiency,
unless this requirement is waived by one of DePaul's International Admissions
Counselors. You can prove your English proficiency through any one of the following:
- A minimum TOEFL score of 80, no section lower
than 17 (internet based TOEFL), 213 (computer based TOEFL), or 550
(paper based TOEFL). DePaul University's institutional code is 1165. You
can access information about the TOEFL test and register at toefl.org.
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.5. To learn about the IELTS test and register to take the test, please visit ielts.org.
- A minimum evidence based reading and writing score of 550 on the SAT
- A minimum reading score of 18 and an English score of 20 on the ACT
- A minimum Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic score of 53. To learn more about the Pearson Test of English please visit pearsonpte.com.
- If you have completed a college degree in the U.S. or have completed all four years of your high school/secondary education in a country whose official/native language is English, the English proficiency requirement may be waived. Please visit DePaul's International Admissions page for a full list of these countries.
For Graduate Applicants
In addition to your application, DePaul University requires you to submit your official educational credentials (transcripts, mark sheets, degree certificates) and evaluation fee directly to one of three evaluation companies. These evaluators will then provide DePaul with a general evaluation of your studies and certified copies of your international educational credentials which will be used during admission review. (It doesn’t matter which company you choose. Only choose one.)
DePaul will not accept evaluations from any other evaluation companies and will not accept any educational credentials without an evaluation from One Earth, ECE or EP.
To determine what credentials you need to submit for evaluation, please refer to the website of your chosen evaluation company.
Visit The Theatre School