The Theatre School > On Stage >
- by Ike Holter
- directed by Lisa Portes
- Join us for the story of Cora, an enslaved 12-year-old, and the Night Runner, the mythic but dark figure who shows her the way. When a cruel slave owner arrives and snatches Cora's brother Marcus in exchange for debt, Cora flees to find him. In steps the legendary Night Runner, a fierce, fast-talking female superhero, who helps Cora escape to freedom and discover her own inner strength.
Theatrical haze, fog, and gunshots are used in this production.
- Recommended for ages 9 and up.
- January 12, 2017 - February 18, 2017
TUE, THU & FRI at 10 AM
SAT & SUN at 2 PM
- DePaul's Merle Reskin Theatre
- (773) 325-7900
- Themes: Family; Historical Fiction; Oppression; Perseverance; Racism; Self-Discovery; Slavery; Underground Railroad
Vincent Banks (Danson/Zachariah/Ensemble), Noelle Daniels (Ensemble), Matthew Elam (Marcus), Kayla Forde (Cora), Edward Hall (Mr. Lexington), Tia Jemison (Bessie/Ensemble), Ki-Jana Moore (Ensemble), Courtney Peck (Angela/Rose/Ensemble), Jack Rhea (Ensemble), Michael Russo (Luke), and Sola Thompson (Night Runner).
The production team includes scenic design by Camila Devereux, costume design by Megan Pirtle, lighting design by Eric Phillips, sound design by Kendall Barron, dramaturgy by Rachel Perzynski, and stage management by Cat Andrade.
1/14: Opening Day Autograph Session with the cast following the performance
1/14: USO of Illinois Day—US Armed Forces personnel & their families can reserve free tickets. Visit www.tixfortroops.org
2/5: Special Sunday performance (2 PM)
1/26 and 2/5: Post-Show Discussion
If you or your child require wheelchair accessible and/or companion seating, or have any other hearing or vision needs, please let us know when you reserve your tickets so that we can make sure your visit to our theatre is an excellent one. Discounted tickets are available for patrons with disabilities and their guests.
Performances Interpreted in American Sign Language and Assistive Listening Devices:
The performances of Night Runner on 2/10 (10 AM) and 2/11 (2 PM) will be interpreted in American Sign Language. Call TTY (773) 325-7975. We also offer Listen Up! personal listening devices for each performance at DePaul's Merle Reskin Theatre. These assisted listening devices are available to patrons upon request.
Audio Description Services:
The performance of Night Runner on 2/9 (10 AM) will include a live audio description of the visual and physical events onstage for patrons who are blind or have low-vision. Call (312) 922-1999 for more information.