The Theatre School > On Stage >
- by Molière
- directed by Brian Balcom
- translated by Richard Wilbur
- Join us for this modern retelling of Molière's classic comedy of manners and social niceties. When Alceste rails against the insincerities in his social circles, he risks losing his freedom, the attention of the lovely and flirtatious Celimene, and his place in high society.
- April 15, 2016 - April 24, 2016
- Previews : 4/13 & 4/14
WED - SAT at 7:30 PM
SUN at 2 PM
- On the Fullerton Stage
- (773) 325-7900
- This production is proudly sponsored by:
- Themes: This satire puts friends and gentlemen into a world of flattery and flaws in verse, directed by Brian Balcom, MFA Directing, Class of 2016.What happens when we become overwhelmed by the adulation and the hypocritical buzz of our social networks?
Brian Healy (Alceste)
, Chloe Baldwin (Celimene)
, Jalen Gilbert (Philinte)
, Madeline Baird (Eliante)
, JJ McGlone (Oronte)
, Mélisa Breiner-Sanders (Arsinoe)
, Dominique Watkins (Acaste)
, and Sean Wiberg
The production team includes scenic design by Jack Magaw
, costume design by Madison Briede
, lighting design by Eric Phillips
, sound design by Tyler Blakeman
, dramaturgy by Johanna Orr
, and stage management by Julia Bates
4/15: Opening Night reception following the performance.
4/20: USO of Illinois Day—US Armed Forces personnel & their families can reserve up to four free tickets. Visit www.tixfortroops.org
4/17 & 4/21: Post-Show Discussion
If you or your child require wheelchair accessible and/or companion seating, or have any other hearing or vision needs, please let us know when you reserve your tickets so that we can make sure you visit to our theatre is an excellent one. Discounted tickets are available for patrons with disabilities, and their guests.
Performances Interpreted in American Sign Language and Assistive Listening Devices:
The performance of The Misanthrope on 4/24 at 2 PM will be interpreted in American Sign Language. Call TTY (773) 325-7975. In addition, assisted listening devices are available to patrons upon request.
Audio Description Services:
The performance of The Misanthrope on 4/24 at 2 PM will include a live audio-description of the visual and physical events on-stage for patrons who are blind or have low-vision. We also invite you to join us that day for a pre-performance program with a touch tour, which begin at 12:30 PM in the school's main lobby. The touch tour program will include information about the characters and design choices that add to the world of the play. Click here to hear the characters introduce themselves. Patrons who are participating in the audio-described event may also request the playbill in Braille, large print, and audio formats. Please indicate interest in the Touch Tour when you order your tickets. Call our Box Office at (773) 325-7900.