The Theatre School > On Stage >
The Kid Who Ran for President
- by Jeremiah Clay Neal
- directed by Ernie Nolan
- based on The Kid Who Ran for President & The Kid Who Became President by Dan Gutman
- musical direction by Mark Elliott
- When sixth grader Judson Moon runs for President of the United States under the guidance of his campaign manager and best friend Lane, the campaign trail is turned upside down. Can Judson deliver on his promises once he is elected? This musical comedy full of hope and song brings some common sense and a rockin' pizza party to the White House, if only for a few days.
- Recommended for ages 6 and up.
- Themes: Adaptation; Democracy; Elections and Voting; Friendship; Responsibility; Self-Discovery; and The Presidency
Ayanna Bria Bakari (June Syers), Chloe Baldwin (Senator/Campaigner), Andra Beatty (Miss Rita Honeywell), Michael Cohen (Lane Brainard), Matthew Lolar (Secretary of Defense), Carolyn Moore (Emma/Cat Lady), Michael Morrow (Ambassador), Majorie Muller (Breakfast Lobbyist/Campaigner), Vinh Nguyen (Arthur), Skylar Okerstrom-Lang (Judson Moon), Shea Peterson (Agent John Doe), Dyllan Rodrigues-Miller (Abby Goldenstein), Jillian Skale (Mom), Chandler Smith (Dad), Arie Thompson (Pete Guerra), and Raven Whitley (Chelsea Daniels).
The production team includes scenic design by Christina Hubbard, costume design by Madison Briede, lighting design by Brian Suchocki, sound design by Alyssa Kerr, dramaturgy by Abigail Ogrentz, and stage management by Alexa Santiago.
10/8: Opening Day Autograph Session with the cast following the performance
10/8: USO of Illinois Day—US Armed Forces personnel & their families can reserve free tickets. Visit www.tixfortroops.org
10/16: Special Sunday performance (2 PM)
10/20 and 10/29: Post-Show Discussion
If you or your child require wheelchair accessible and/or companion seating, or have any other hearing or vision needs, please let us know when you reserve your tickets so that we can make sure your visit to our theatre is an excellent one. Discounted tickets are available for patrons with disabilities and their guests.
Performances Interpreted in American Sign Language and Assistive Listening Devices:
The performances of The Kid Who Ran for President on 11/4 (10 AM) and 11/5 (2 PM) will be interpreted in American Sign Language. Call TTY (773) 325-7975. We also offer Listen Up! personal listening devices for each performance at DePaul's Merle Reskin Theatre. These assisted listening devices are available to patrons upon request.
Audio Description Services:
The performance of The Kid Who Ran for President on 11/3 (10 AM) will include a live audio description of the visual and physical events onstage for patrons who are blind or have low-vision. Call (312) 922-1999 for more information.