MFA Arts Leadership
Applications are available via Apply Web.
The application fee is $25.00. Application fees can be paid with a credit/debit card when completing the online application.
Have an official copy of your academic transcript from every undergraduate college or university you have attended mailed to The Theatre School Admissions Office.
Request three letters of recommendation from individuals who are familiar with your desire to attend The Theatre School. There is no form required for the letter of
recommendation, just have your recommender send us a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit a resume listing your theatrical experience and/or any related experience (employment, internships, activities, etc.). You must upload your resume when submitting the online DePaul Application.
The GRE is NOT required for admissions consideration but may strengthen application consideration if your undergraduate grade point average is less than 3.0.
All of your application materials should be submitted no later than December 15 for priority consideration.
Application Status Check
To check the status of your application materials call The Theatre School Admissions Office at (773)325-7999. Please allow at least three weeks from the time you send in your materials before requesting a status check.
All application materials (except transcripts) must be uploaded through the online DePaul Application.
Official transcripts should be mailed to:
The Theatre School Admissions Office
2350 N. Racine Ave
Chicago, IL 60614-8422
The Written Statements
MFA arts leadership applicant should be prepared to answer the following three written statements as part of the online application:
1. Write an autobiography of approximately 500 words that summarizes your life experience.
2. Write a personal statement of approximately 500 words regarding your career goals and how the arts leadership program will help you to achieve those goals. Also describe what you will bring to the arts leadership program.
3. Write an essay of approximately 300 words in response to one of the following:
- What makes you an outstanding leader? What weaknesses prevent you from being a better leader?
- Describe an ethical dilemma that you faced in the workplace and how it was resolved.
- Describe a time when a colleague strongly disagreed with your views, ideas, or methods. How did this impact your working relationship? How did this impact the work or project? How did this impact your intent or motivation to complete the work?
For priority consideration, completed application should be submitted no later than December 15.
Semi-Finalists will be selected for phone interviews to be completed by March 1.
Finalists will be selected for an in-person interview to be completed in March with personnel from The Theatre School and Chicago Shakespeare Theater. The in-person interview will take place in Chicago at applicant's expense. Significant consideration regarding the admissions decision will be placed on the in-person interview.
Final decision will be communicated in writing no later than April 1.
Please note that the Admissions Office will not release decision information over the phone.