We are so proud of the work of all of our alumni!
Each month (except July), The Theatre School publishes Theatre School News Theatre School News (TSN), our electronic alumni activity newsletter. Created as a vehicle to communicate alumni activities among alumni but now also read and used by many others, TSN is edited by Assistant Dean and Director of Alumni Relations John Bridges. During the past year, TSN has listed activities for more than 700 alumni of The Theatre School and Goodman School of Drama.
Are you an alum?
Submit your news to John Bridges
Each issue provides a snapshot of the depth and breadth of activities our alumni are involved with, and the compilation is impressive. These statistics are based on issues published between August 2008 and the present:
- Alumni worked on more than 30 different television channels including ABC, Bravo, CBS, NBC, VHI, HBO, CW, MTV, Showtime and Fox; and on at least 70 different television programs.
- Alumni worked on more than 103 films this year, including Alice in Wonderland, The Fast and the Furious 4, Funny People, High School Musical 3, I Love You Man, Milk, Nine, Public Enemies, The Curious Cast of Benjamin Button, The Dark Knight, The Soloist, The X-Files: I Want to Believe, Vicky Christina Barcelona, and You Don't Mess With the Zohan.
- Alumni have worked at 90 different schools including Yale, USC, The Art Institute of Chicago, University of Michigan, Columbia University, NYU, Walter Payton College Prep, Columbia College, Norte Dame, Old Town School of Folk Music, SUNY Purchase, Steppenwolf School, and the American Film Institute.
- Alumni have multiple television shows in syndication including ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, MAD ABOUT YOU, BABYLON-5, PROVIDENCE, EARLY EDITION, and THE X-FILES.
- Alumni were recognized with 33 awards or award nominations, including Tony Awards, GLAAD Media Award, Joseph Jefferson Awards, Joseph Jefferson Citations, J. Williams Fullbright Foreign Scholarship, and The 1st Annual New York Times Outstanding Playwright Award.
- Alumni worked on at least 434 theatre productions worldwide.
- Alumni worked on 34 Broadway/touring shows including A Chorus Line, August: Osage County, Addams Family the Musical, Gypsy, In the Heights, Joe TurnerÂ’s Come and Gone, Legally Blonde, Mary Poppins, The Seagull, West Side Story, Wicked, Zanadu, and YouÂ’re Welcome America: A Final Night with George W. Bush.
- Alumni worked in 19 countries other than the United States including Argentina, Australia, Bogata, Canada, England, France, Germany, Honduras, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, and Thailand.
- 40 alumni are Artistic or Co-Artistic Directors of theatres.
- Alumni were featured in numerous articles in publications including Esquire, USA Today, The New York Times, Entertainment Weekly, The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Reader, Chicago Sun-Times, American Theatre Magazine, TimeOut Chicago, PerformInk and the Washington Post.
- Alumni worked on over 30 production companies including Fox Searchlight Productions, Miramax Films, Paramount Vantage, Spyglass Entertainment, Starmaker Group, Tribeca Productions, Universal Pictures, and Walt Disney Pictures.
- Alumni worked in 41 different states.
- Alumni worked at 146 different Chicagoland area theatre companies.